Welcome to The YouthScan Project!
The YouthScan Project is the biggest initiative to elevate youth voice that Colorado has ever seen. By participating, you will join a statewide movement to urge leaders and decision-makers to listen to what young people have to say.
Your voice and your point of view are important. Research suggests that youth know the issues in their communities three years before adults. This project seeks to tap into this amazing knowledge that young people collectively hold so decision-makers can respond to emerging and critical issues more quickly.
This portal is a 1-session guide that will walk you through 3 steps, which can be completed in 15 minutes to one hour. You can complete all 3 steps at the same time, or, you can pause between steps and your progress will be saved in this system when you log out, then log in again later.
How it works:
- It’s easy. Just follow the step-by-step instructions.
- On pages with space to write in your ideas, make sure to click “Submit Answers” before you mark the page complete.
- It’s meant to be done independently – It’s about YOUR ideas and perspectives.
- Once you have completed each step, your point of view will become part of The YouthScan Project!
Before you start:
1) Everything you write will be public BUT it will also be anonymous. That means nobody will know who wrote what (not even us!).
2) Do not write any names in any of your responses… or “identifying information” that could tell the reader who you are, or who you are talking about.
3) On average, completing the 3 sections will take 10 to 25 minutes (1) About Me: Getting Started, 2) My Point of View: Thoughts on Issues Impacting Youth, 3) My Insight: Select Issues & Solutions for Decision Makers). But, you can take as little or as much time as you want to complete The YouthScan Project.
That’s it on your end! YouthRoots will combine all the information from students across the state in an interactive dashboard. This interactive display will get your ideas to the public to help get the right programs, resources, and funding to the right places. (Your responses and personal information will remain 100% anonymous to the public and your name will not be tied to your responses.) If you want to see the changes that result out of this project, you can opt in for email updates.
You are the future. It’s time we start acting like it.