Welcome to The YouthScan Project!
The YouthScan Project is the biggest initiative to elevate youth voice that Colorado has ever seen. By participating, you will join a statewide movement to urge leaders and decision-makers to listen to what young people have to say.
Your voice and your perspective are important. Research suggests that youth know the issues in their communities three years before adults. This project seeks to tap into this amazing knowledge that young people collectively hold so decision-makers can respond to emerging issues more quickly.
This portal is a 10-day guide that will walk you through every step in one hour (or less) a day.
How to access:
- If you have been given a registration link by a teacher or other group leader:
- Click the link. It will prompt you to enter your email address. Enter your email.
- Check your email (check your spam folder if you don’t see it) for your randomly generated username. You will use this username every time you log in and keeps your responses anonymous.
- Follow the instructions to set your password.
- Log in with your username and password. Select “Get Started” on the menu!
- Any Colorado youth ages 14-18 can register to participate on their own. Just click “Register” on the login page. The system will email you a randomly generated username and prompt you to set your password. (If you don’t receive it, check your spam folder. If you have any issues registering, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
How it works:
- It’s easy. Just follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Fill out the questions as you go. On pages with work space, make sure to click “Submit Answers” before you mark the page complete.
- It’s meant to be done independently – It’s about YOUR ideas and perspectives, not a group project.
- When you’re done, your insight will automatically update in the database. All information will be completely anonymous. Please do not use any names or identifying information at any point while completing The YouthScan Project.
That’s it on your end! YouthRoots will combine all the information from students across the state in an interactive dashboard to share with the public to help get the right programs, resources, and funding to the right places. (Your responses and personal information will remain 100% anonymous to the public and your name will not be tied to your responses.) If you want to see the changes that result out of this project, you can opt in for email updates.
You are the future. It’s time we start acting like it.